Back to All Events

Clwb Cymric 1-0 Aber Valley

Tomi Gun yn tanio: Sgoriwr unig g ô l y gêm ddydd Sadwrn

Tomi Gun yn tanio: Sgoriwr unig gôl y gêm ddydd Sadwrn

Yn dilyn canlyniad siomedig yr wythnos diwethaf, roedd Cymric yn benderfynol o daro'n ôl yn erbyn Aber Valley ar ddiwrnod godidog yng Nghwrt yr Ala ddydd Sadwrn.

Gyda'r cae mewn cyflwr annisgwyl o dda, fe chwaraeodd y tîm cartref bêl-droed gwych ar adegau yn yr hanner cyntaf.

Cafodd y gwaith da ei wobrwyo gan Tomi "Gun" Pritchard gyda'i ergyd yn canfod cefn y rhwyd yn dilyn gwaith da lawr y chwith.

Doedd Aber Valley ddim yn edrych fel sgorio, ond doedd Cymric chwaith methu ymestyn y fantais.

Roedd yr amodau yn berffaith ddydd Sadwrn

Roedd yr amodau yn berffaith ddydd Sadwrn

Er hynny, roedd hi'n fuddugoliaeth fwy cyfforddus na'r hyn yr oedd y sgorfwrdd yn ei awgrymu.

Gem gwpan rownd yr wyth olaf sydd nesaf i Cymric, gan obeithio na fydd y Bwystfil o'r Dwyrain a'r eira mawr yn achosi gorfmod o ddinistr yn y cyfamser.

Seren y gêm - Rhodri Dafydd.

Tom Bajar was popping up all over the pitch

Tom Bajar was popping up all over the pitch

Following a disappointing result last weekend at Garw, Cymric were looking to bounce back against Aber Valley at Cwrt yr Ala.

The players could not have asked for a better surface to play on with the pitch looking great in the February sunshine. 

Cymric made the most of the unusual quality of the playing surface at this time of the year and were knocking the ball around with confidence in the early stages. Patience was the key to the first half with Cymric enjoying a large proportion of both possession and territory.

Cymric found themselves in good positions on a regular basis and without the important contribution of the Aber Valley keeper would have found themselves in front early on in the first half. However, Cymric were made to wait until midway through the first half as Tom Pritchard pounced on a loose ball in the area to score what proved to be the decisive goal in this encounter.

The goal came from patient build up play as Ynyr James and Osian Pritchard, recognising that nothing was on down the left channel, combined to play the ball back into midfield where the ball was quickly recycled and distributed to the right.

Osh "the Salmon" Pritchard during the pre-match warm-up

Osh "the Salmon" Pritchard during the pre-match warm-up

A great through ball resulted in Llyr Davies bearing down on goal, albeit from a tight angle. He smashed the ball across the face of the goal and Huw Owen managed to stretch to get a foot on it but the speed of the delivery and the angle of his approach meant that he was only able to turn it back into the danger area. Osian Pritchard reacted quickest and looked to smash a volley into the back of the net, however he mistimed his effort, but thankfully for Cymric, the ball fell to the hungry Tom Pritchard who smashed it home. 1-0 Cymric.

Cymric continued to dominate the first half and it should have been 3 or 4, however, Aber Valley did create a great chance from a break from a corner but James Hendy positioned himself well and saved from the winger. 1-0 HT. 

Unfortunately Cymric’s tempo fell during the second half and although a number of chances again went begging they were unable to kill the game off. However, the defence stood firm and Aber Valley did not look like scoring. Cymric managed to hold on with relative ease and secure the all important three points.

W. John Owen quarter final and Pencoed next for Cymric who will be hoping that the snow forecast will not put the fixture in doubt.

MOTM: Rhodri Dafydd

Earlier Event: February 17
Garw SBGC 3-0 Clwb Cymric
Later Event: March 17
Pencoed Athletic 0-1 Clwb Cymric